Are you ready to plan your perfect beach getaway to Kas, Turkey’s glistening Mediterranean shores? Well, you’ve come to the right place! There are many great reasons to visit Turkey’s beautiful Turquoise Coast. And one of them is for enjoying the easy Turkish living at one of Kas’ idyllic beaches. And guess what? Kas beaches are some of the best in all of Turkey!
Kas is a beautiful city on the Turkish Riviera with a stunning coastline of blissful beaches. While there are many great things to do in Kas, lounging around at one of your favorite beaches is the best way to enjoy this seaside town!
This post will give you the rundown on 15 of the best Kas beaches, including where to find them, their overall vibe, and the amenities available at each. You’ll find everything you need to know to start exploring the sparkling Turquoise Coast. From famous Kaputas beach to undiscovered coves, we’ll fill you in on all the top beaches to explore while visiting Kas. So pack your favorite pair of shades and get ready to discover paradise!
Estimated reading time: 31 minutes
Ready To Discover The Most Idyllic Kas Beaches? Keep Reading
Map Of The Best Kas Beaches To Explore
What To Know About Kas Beaches
Kas surprisingly has few convenient beach options from the center of town. But don’t worry. We share everything from public and private beach options near downtown Kas, to epic beaches to visit on a road trip. Exploring both iconic and off-the-beaten-path Kas beaches is one of Turkey’s highlights.
These 15 sandy(ish) spots have unique characteristics that make them different from one another. Each comes with its own pros & cons, so that you can choose the best options for your time on the Turkish Riviera.
The Most Famous Kas Beaches To Visit
1. Kaputas Beach
- Kaputas Beach is best for: epic vacation photos and a trendy beach experience.
- Amenities: restaurant, showers, and sun loungers & umbrellas for rent.
- Where to find Kaputas Beach: Kaputas Beach, Kas, Turkey.
Kaputas is an absolutely stunning little beach nestled in a cove where the jagged mountains meet the sea. It is the most trendy Kas beach (yes, beaches can be trendy) and it’s an absolute slice of Turkish heaven. Move over popular Oludeniz. You are no longer the coolest beach around. That award now belongs to Kaputas Beach!
Kaputas beach is no longer than 150 meters. However, this small sandy beach cut into the rocky coast is the definition of postcard views. And the cool turquoise water is a perfect relief from the blazing summer sun. But the small space also means limited space to relax. Arrive at Kaputas early to claim your perfect spot on the beach and get your hands on the limited sun loungers.
The Pros – Kaputas Beach Is For You If:
- You are looking for an epic Turkish beach with a hint of ‘in-the-know’ appeal.
- You want to enjoy a stunningly beautiful beach. It’s as simple as that.
The Cons – Leave Kaputas Beach Alone If:
- You want easy logistics for your beach day. Kaputas is a 40-minute drive from Kas, and parking is a disaster.
- You want to enjoy a secluded beach. Kaputas gets very busy, so almost every piece of sand gets claimed.
WOTW Tip #1: we advise taking a local bus (pronounced ‘dolmush’) or a taxi from Kas. It is also possible to take a local bus from Fethiye towards Kas and hop off at Kaputas Beach. I am certain that the way back is pretty straightforward, too. Just make sure to confirm the return schedule.
WOTW Tip #2: we brought our snorkels to Kaputas. And while you would never confuse the snorkeling with Cozumel, the water was super clear, and we did see some cool fish!
Hey! Did you know that we posted our visit to Kaputas Beach on YouTube? Click the link to check it out!
2. Big Pebble Beach
- Big Pebble Beach is for: easy access from Kas and incredible sunset views.
- Amenities: bars, restaurants, sun loungers and umbrellas.
- Where to find Big Pebble Beach: Buyukçakil Plaji, Kas, Turkey.
Kas’ Big Pebble Beach is a Kas favorite because of its beautiful sunset views, an abundance of bars & restaurants, and relative proximity to town. As you may have assumed by the name, Big Pebble Beach is not a sandy beach, but instead, it’s made up of…big pebbles!
Like Kaputas, this pebbly beach is tucked away in a rocky cove. And as one of Kas’ most popular beaches, Big Pebble Beach doesn’t disappoint when it comes to ambiance. There are a bunch of bars and restaurants that take advantage of this place being one of the best spots in town to admire a magical sunset. And you will catch most people lounging with their favorite vacation beverage.
This Kas beach fills up at around 4 pm when the restaurants set their tables out on the edge of the water for people to enjoy the epic sunset views while dining.
The Pros – Big Pebble Beach Is For You If:
- You want to enjoy the views of Kas’ famous sunsets with your favorite cocktail in hand!
- You enjoy beaches with vibrant energy and plenty of access to food and drinks.
The Cons – Leave Big Pebble Beach Alone If:
- You prefer sandy Kas beaches. If you don’t score one of the loungers you will be out of luck.
- You don’t like refreshing (chilly) sea temperatures. Fresh water spills into the sea at Big Pebble Beach, and the water is cold!
WOTW Tip: sun loungers are free if you consume from the restaurant that manages the area of beds where you want to hang out.
3. Seyrek Cakil Beach
- Seyrek Cakil Beach is for: easy access from Kas in a more chilled-out environment.
- Amenities: small restaurant with basic food and drinks, umbrellas, sun beds and showers.
- Where to find Seyrek Cakil Beach: Seyrek Çakil Plaji, Kas, Turkey.
On the way to Kaputas is Seyrek Cakil, another popular Kas beach. Seyrek Cakil is growing increasingly popular with travelers who want to avoid the madness of busy Kaputas. Even though it is on the smaller side, the spillover effect from Kaputas, is making this beach on the outskirts of Kas more visited and appreciated.
And even if Seyrek Cakil is not as famous as its neighbor, it is definitely one of the best Kas beaches worth exploring! Spend your day soaking in the heavenly, crystal-clear waters. Or bring your mask and take advantage of one of the better snorkeling beaches around town!
The Pros – Seyrek Cakil Beach Is For You If:
- You prefer a beach that’s quieter than Kaputas but still conveniently located to downtown Kas.
- You appreciate having access to affordable amenities to spend a large portion of the day at the beach.
The Cons – Leave Seyrek Cakil Beach Alone If:
- You still aren’t convinced about pebbly beaches. The best way to enjoy this Kas beach is with water shoes.
- You want slightly more refined dining options available. The restaurant here offers very basic options.
Thinking about visiting beautiful Kas? Read These Posts Next:
- Kas vs Fethiye vs Oludeniz: Find Out Which Turkish Beach Town Is For You
- 27 Awesome Things To Do In Kas Turkey
Save This Kas Beaches Post For Later!
Easy To Reach Public Beaches In Kas
Looking for some Kas beaches that are free to visit and within walking distance from town? Look no further than these public beaches in Kas! Kas’ public beaches are perfect for when you get the urge for a quick cool down in the refreshing Mediterranean Sea. It can get pretty toasty around here, folks!
4. Little Pebble Beach
- Little Pebble Beach is for: extremely easy access from downtown Kas.
- Amenities: none.
- Where to find Little Pebble Beach: Küçük Çakıl, Kas, Turkey.
Known locally as Kuçuk Çakil, Little Pebble Beach is the most convenient option if you are desperate for a cool dip. Turkey’s summers can get pretty sticky, so this desperation might happen more often than you think!
Little Pebble Beach is not going to impress you with its size. The beach is just a tiny stretch of pebbles located near the Kas Marina. Not that it can get quite crowded during the summer months. That’s just one of the downsides of being the closest beach to the center of town!
The Pros – Little Pebble Beach Is For You If:
- You just want to cool down in the beautiful Mediterranean Sea after wandering around town.
- You are not too picky about the actual beach.
The Cons – Leave Little Pebble Beach Alone If:
- You are expecting more than just a 40-foot stretch of pebbles.
- You want to spend several hours at the beach and prefer at least a few amenities.
5. Akçagerme Beach
- Akçagerme Beach is for: family-friendly beach close to Kas.
- Amenities: restaurant, sun loungers, umbrellas and showers.
- Where to find Akçagerme Beach: Akçagerme Plajı, Kas, Turkey.
Akçegarme is one of the best beaches in Kas for families. This small-pebble beach has a small aqua park with slides and a floating dock for kids (or adults) to jump from. The beach is also in a sheltered bay with calm water perfect for kids.
Being a wonderful public-beach option for families, Akçegarme does tend to get quite busy during the high season. So be sure to get there early if you want to get lounge chairs and umbrellas for the entire fam!
The Pros – Akçagerme Beach Is For You If:
- You are coming to Kas with your family and want to keep the kiddos entertained.
- You don’t need to visit an epic or famous beach to be happy. Clean water and convenient access are enough.
The Cons – Leave Akçagerme Beach Alone If:
- You just don’t really want to visit a family beach.
- You want to visit a beach with a bit more beauty and character.
6. Kas Municipal Beach
- Kas Municipal Beach is for: the best combination of beautiful beach with easy access.
- Amenities: loungers, umbrellas and a small restaurant.
- Where to find Kas Municipal Beach: Kaş Belediyesi Halk Plajı, Kas, Turkey.
Kas Municipal Beach is perhaps the best of the bunch when it comes to public beach access within city limits. Expect a beautiful turquoise sea (like everywhere) and a small pebble beach. And even though this isn’t exactly a trendy beach, the word is out that Kas Municipal Beach is a great option. So better get here early because it can get busy!
While this beach is located on Kas’ peninsula, getting there on foot is not as quick as you would think. It is about a 30-minute walk from downtown Kas to the municipal beach. Consider taking a local bus if you want to get here quickly!
The Pros – Kas Municipal Beach Is For You If:
- You want easy access to a clean and refreshing beach without having to spend money.
- You just want to make a short visit to cool down before you continue exploring Kas’ many attractions.
The Cons – Leave Kas Municipal Beach Alone If:
- You are looking for something a little more trendy than a public beach.
- You are just after a quick swim to cool down and need something a little closer to town.
7. Incebogaz Çınar Beach
- Incebogaz Çınar Beach is for: convenient and hassle free beach access perfect for a quick cool down.
- Amenties: none.
- Where to find Incebogaz Çınar Beach: Incebogaz Çınar Beach, Kas, Turkey.
Incebogaz Çinar Beach is a small pebbly beach located near the center of Kas. The beach is very humble, but humble in Kas still means beautiful! And that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth visiting to cool down during the middle of the day. And trust us, you will want to head to the sea to freshen up after a morning of exploring the Kas’ beautiful downtown streets.
As a bonus, Incebogaz Çinar has rock structures on either side of the beach that make it a good place for snorkeling. The keyword here is ‘good.’ You are unlikely to be blown away by the snorkeling around Kas if you have experienced more renowned snorkeling destinations.
The Pros – Incebogaz Çınar Beach Is For You If:
- You want to quickly head to one of the closest beaches to town.
- You don’t mind a basic beach option. But don’t worry. The water is still super clear and refreshing!
The Cons – Leave Incebogaz Çınar Beach Alone If:
- You want to have a more exclusive experience. This is a vacation, after all.
- You didn’t bring your own beach towel. There are no sun loungers here.
Best Kas Beaches To Explore On A Road Trip
Some of the most incredible beaches around Kas require a bit of a drive. But the ones on the list are totally worth the effort. Check out these epic road-trip beaches!
8. Patara Beach
- Patara Beach is for: huge stretches of sandy beach and untouched appeal.
- Amenities: limited amenities. Though one area does have umbrellas and loungers for rent and a restaurant.
- Where to find Little Pebble Beach: Patara Plaji, Kas, Turkey.
A one-hour drive from downtown Kas lies Patara Beach, one of the most renowned beaches in Turkey. Part of a national park with incredible sand dunes, Patara has vast stretches of wild, sandy beaches. It’s a great place to visit during sunset for a long stroll while winding down the day.
There are limits to the amount of commercial activity allowed on the beach due to it being a national park. So while amenities are limited, it does make Patara Beach a gem for people looking for a more raw beach experience. If you want to hang out all day, please be sure to bring enough water and a bucket of sunscreen.
The Pros – Visiting Patara Beach Is For You If:
- You love large, soft-sand beaches for long walks, along a beautiful stretch of unspoiled Turkish coast.
- You like the idea of exploring a nature reserve with sand dunes and ancient Roman ruins while visiting the beach.
The Cons – Leave Patara Beach Alone If:
- You don’t want to drive an hour to walk along the beach and see a magical sunset.
- You want more amenities – especially shade! Patara is best for enjoying in the morning or late afternoon.
9. Çirali Beach
- Çirali Beach is for: enjoying a beautiful and serene setting.
- Amenities: plenty of restaurants offer sun loungers and shade.
- Where to find Çirali Beach: Çirali Plaji, Antalya, Turkey.
We discovered Çirali when chatting with a local about the best Kas beaches. Frankly, we weren’t sure if it would be worth the two-hour drive towards Antalya to check this place out. But we are so happy we did. Çirali might be the Kas beach with the most epic setting. The way the lush green mountains line the undeveloped coast is incredible.
But this place isn’t great just because of its rugged beauty, Çirali Beach is also lined by seaside restaurants that offer sun loungers and shade, though there is also plenty of space on this wide sandy beach if you want to find a spot for yourself. Çirali would give Kaputas a run for its money for the most beautiful Kas beach if it wasn’t for the two-hour drive.
The Pros – Visiting Çirali Beach Is For You If:
- You want to enjoy a Turkish beach in a relaxing and incredibly beautiful setting.
- You enjoy going off-the-beaten-path to find hidden gems.
The Cons – Leave Çirali Beach Alone If:
- You think driving two hours to visit a beach is just ridiculous.
- You prefer your beaches to have a little more energy and ‘cool factor.’
WOTW Tip: we have Çirali pegged as a place we would love to come back to and spend a few days. It is the perfect place for a relaxed retreat. Just check out these awesome beach-side bungalows and bed & breakfasts in Çirali to see what we’re talking about!
Take a look at the vlog from our road trip to Çirali Beach. See if it’s worth checking-out while visiting Kas. Hint – we think it is!
10. Olympos Beach
- Olympos Beach is for: party vibes with the backpacker crowd.
- Amenities: no sun lounger or umbrellas. Restaurants are within walking distance.
- Where to find Olympos Beach: Olympos Plaji, Antalya, Turkey.
You can find one of the most unique beaches in Turkey directly next to Cirali. Olympos Beach occupies the same exact stretch of sand as Cirali. And you can easily walk from one to the other to see what beach suits your mood.
So what makes this Kas beach so unique? Well, Olympos Beach is set against a backdrop of an ancient Lycian city! Some of the ruins literally tower over the beach. But don’t be misled by Olympos Beach’s historical characteristics. Olympos 100% appeals to the boozy beach crowd. Not that there’s anything wrong with that! We are also totally cool party people. But just an FYI 🙂
The Pros – Olympos Beach Is For You If:
- You are looking to have drinks on the beach with other fellow travelers.
- You love the idea of having views of Lycian ruins directly from the sand.
The Cons – Leave Olympos Beach Alone If:
- You prefer not to be in the middle of the party while hanging out at the beach.
- You are wondering why anyone would drive this far to go to a beach.
WOTW Tip: even though Olympos and Cirali are walking distance from each other, you can not easily drive between the two. They are located in towns with different entry points from the mountains.
Want to receive behind-the-scenes stories from the road? Sign Up To Receive Our Weekly Email!
The Top Private Kas Beaches
Several of the best beaches in Kas are private. Meaning they are part of a restaurant and/or camping facility. These beaches either have a cost to enter or a minimum spending requirement. But while you can definitely enjoy the sea from these places, they rarely have actual beaches.
11. The Kas Beach
- The Kas Beach is for: high quality food, easy to reach from downtown Kas.
- Amenities: restaurants, bar, sun loungers and umbrellas.
- Where to find The Kas Beach: The Kas Beach, Kas, Turkey.
‘The Kas Beach’ is the first private beach on this list. But unlike some of the other options, The Kas Beach has a more relaxed ambiance. Don’t expect any loud music here. This is a visitor favorite for peaceful relaxation. No cursing the DJ under your breath here.
The Kas Beach is known for having excellent service and food, and there is a small platform to jump from once you’re ready to cool down. Bombs away! Oh – it’s also important to mention that there is not an actual beach here. It’s just an overwater deck with access to the sea.
The Pros – The Kas Beach Is For You If:
- You are looking for a more low-key private beach suitable for families.
- You prefer the exclusive experience of a private beach with chill vibes.
The Cons – Leave The Kas Beach Alone If:
- You want to actually have a beach, not just a restaurant on the water.
- You are out to get the party started.
12. Hidayet Koyu Beach
- Hidayet Koyu Beach is for: convenient place to lounge with party vibes.
- Amenities: restaurant, bar, loungers and changing room.
- Where to find Hidayet Koyu Beach: Hidayet Koyu Beach, Kas, Turkey.
While not technically a beach, Hidayet Koyu is still a great place to enjoy the turquoise waters around Kas. Just be prepared for a busy space with club vibes. The loud music might be a bit aggressive for people looking for a chilled-out day at the beach. But if you are looking for a bit of a party, Hidayet Koyu might be the Kas ‘beach’ for you!
For 80 Lira (2021), you can get your own lounger and umbrella perched over the clear water. Just make sure to arrive early during the high season because the loungers do run out. And even though there is no beach access, there is still a shallow area near the shore where you can stand and relax.
The Pros – Hidayet Koyu Beach Is For You If:
- You want an energetic spot with party music in a beach ‘club’ environment.
- You don’t mind not actually being on a beach.
The Cons – Leave Hidayet Koyu Beach Alone If:
- You don’t want to risk not having any sun loungers available.
- You want to relax on the sand, not on a crowded deck with loud music.
13. Limanagzi (Bilal’s Beach)
- Limanagzi is for: slightly off-the-beaten-path beach adventures.
- Amenities: restaurant, sun loungers and umbrellas.
- Where to find Limanagzi: Bilal’in Yeri, Kas, Turkey.
Limanagzi is one of the more secretive Kas beaches, yet it is still easily reachable from town. And while Limanagzi is technically a group of 4 beaches, Bilal is the most popular one. The unique thing about this Kas beach is that the only way to get there is by water taxi. Limanagzi is a fantastic spot to relish the calm and clear waters while being nestled in a secluded cove surrounded by pristine nature.
As a heads up, Limanagzi’s beach is a bit rocky and pebbly, so you will need loungers to enjoy it. But the good news is that the loungers are free if you purchase food or drinks from the restaurant. So order up!
The Pros – Visiting Limangazi Is For You If:
- You like the adventure of accessing a slightly hidden beach by boat.
- You value being in a quieter setting with the same amenities as the more crowded beaches in Kas.
The Cons – Leave Limanagzi Alone If:
- You prefer not to take a boat ride to visit a beach. Beach access is supposed to be hassle-free!
- You want to experience a sandy beach. (Are you seeing a trend here, there aren’t too many sandy Kas beaches!)
WOTW Tip: look for signs to ‘Limanagzi’ in Kas’ marina to find transport to this beach. The cost should be around 70 – 100 Lira for a round trip on a water taxi.
Secret Road-Side Kas Beaches
You have to be up for a little adventure to visit these beaches. But I know you, you’re up for it you wild child!
14. Finike Magrali Bay
- Finike Magrali Bay is for: similar setting as Kaputas beach, minus the crowds.
- Amenities: none.
- Where to find Finike Magrali Bay: Finike Mağralı Koy, Kas, Turkey.
It was love at first sight when we laid eyes on Finke Margrali Bay on our day trip to Cirali Beach. We just had to pull over and get a closer look. This place is stunning! Surrounded by towering cliffs, Finke Magrali has a very similar look to Kaputas, minus the crowds and amenities. It’s also possible to swim into a cave carved into the side of one of the cliffsides.
Reachable by a 1-hour drive, Finke Magrali is hands down one of the most beautiful Kas beaches. Just park on the side of the road and follow the trail towards the beach. You might get lucky and have this entire beach to yourself!
The Pros – Finike Magrali Bay Is For You If:
- You are looking for an unspoiled piece of paradise during your beach vacation.
- You love the idea of visiting a hidden paradise.
The Cons – Leave Finike Magrali Bay Alone If:
- You don’t want to carry all your own food and drinks to the beach. Uhh, where’s our waiter??
- You want to be where the people are (cue Little Mermaid soundtrack).
WOTW Tip: we recommend bringing some water shoes to make walking over the pebbles more comfortable.
15. Gokliman Beach
- Gokliman Beach is for: semi-secret beach with some amenities.
- Amenities: restaurant, loungers, and umbrellas.
- Where to find Gokliman Beach: Gokliman Plaji, Kas, Turkey.
While maybe not as secret as Finke Magrali, Gokliman Beach would be considered off-the-beaten-path by most standards. This is another roadside beach located along the coastal highway. But this one doesn’t have any sketchy parking on the side of the highway, and it has enough amenities to keep you happy for the day!
The white pebbles at Gokliman Beach make the turquoise-colored sea even more spectacular. And there’s a floating dock perfect for showing off your cannonball technique. Maybe not… but it is ideal if you want to keep your kids entertained during your day out.
The Pros – Gokliman Beach Is For You If:
- You want to get away from the tourist crowds and enjoy a beautiful beach day with locals.
- You like the ‘off-the-beaten-path, light’ experience. There is a restaurant and beach chairs!
The Cons – Leave Gokliman Beach Alone If:
- You think it’s not worth the drive. There are similar options closer to Kas!
- You want to go all-in when discovering secret beaches.
WOTW Tip: there are a number of no-name, secret beaches along the coast from Kas to Demre. The two listed above are the ones with locations on Google maps. If you are feeling more adventurous, you can park your car on the side of the road at any hidden beach you find to have a Kas beach all to yourself.
Final Thoughts About Visiting Kas Beaches
Kas, Turkey is a perfect destination for a beach holiday during your Turkey travels. And whether you are looking for trendy hot spots, or hidden gems, there are enough Kas beaches out there to make everybody happy!
I almost booked a ticket to go back to Kas while writing this post. But I can’t complain too much because right now we also have access to great beaches here in the Yucatan Peninsula 🙂
Thanks for reading!
Have any questions about the best Kas beaches? Are you ready to find your spot in the sand? Reach out in the comments or DM us on Instagram!
Do Kas’ Beaches have you convinced to visit Turkey? Read these posts next:
- Istanbul: Perfect Istanbul Itinerary For 4, 7 and 10 Day Visits
- Istanbul: Getting Naked With Strangers: Our Guide To Visiting An Istanbul Hammam
- Fethiye: 17 Awesome Things To Do In Fethiye (With Video)
- Pamukkale: 37 Nobody Tells You About Visiting Pamukkale’s Cotton Castle (With Video)
Tired of reading? We have an entire Turkey travel series on YouTube! Don’t forget to subscribe to follow along with the adventures 🙂
Was This Kas Beaches Post Helpful? Share it on Pinterest!
*Note: this post contains affiliate links. When you purchase from these links, we receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Affiliate income helps to keep us on the road producing content that we hope is useful to you!